Friday, January 27, 2012
The heart wants a Patriots' win. What the eyes see is that the Giants are really overpowering right now, and Eli is really in a good rhythm. This is the key: Brady must execute perfectly in order to score enough points for a victory.
- Faith is not blind.
- God is not random.
- Scripture has to be read with intelligence.
- The world's religions seek truth and hold to it as they see it; Catholics understand that the heart of wisdom is within Jesus' teachings, preserved and protected by their Tradition.
Saturday, January 14, 2012
The scenarios thus far are interesting:
- Texans-Ravens: This game shapes up to be living proof that the modern NFL game is often an exercise in violence and the ability to overcome the attrition of forces. You have to like the Ravens, but I think the Texans are underrated. Can they overcome, eke it out, squeak by?
- Packers-Giants: On the face of it, it seems that the team that scores last will win. The Giants are on a hot streak. The Packers have somewhat the better offensive package, but a suspect defense. It's in Green Bay. Will the weather decide? No, the Packers' defense, or the lack of it, will decide the game.
- Saints-49ers: The Saints are battle-tested and have Drew Brees. That's got to be enough. Although SF has won a number of critical games, you have to like Brees until the Saints offense prove they can't do it against any defense.
- Broncos-Patriots: The Patriots are overwhelming favorites. Belichek and Tom Brady have had time to prepare against Denver's very tough defense. What will decide will be Tim Tebow and the Denver offense can score significant points against the Patriots' underachieving defense.